The Awareness Mystery Value (AMV) syllabus consists of statutory Programmes of Study. We have divided them up into key stages and also produced a pdf of the whole syllabus for you to download if you wish.
In order to make the most of the syllabus it is essential that those teaching the subject understand how it is structured around six areas of enquiry, and how to ensure that there is good coverage of skills, attitudes and of religious and non-religious worldviews. We’ve also included a note on how AMV got its name!
- Statutory Requirements
- B01 Why is it called ‘AMV’?
- B02 Attainment Target and Areas of Enquiry
- B03 Coverage of Religions and Beliefs
- B04 Skills in RE and Essentials for Learning and Life
- B05 Attitudes in RE
- B06 Overview of the Programmes of Study Units
- B07 Study units: Foundation Stage
- B08 Study units: Reception & KS1
- B09 Study units: KS2
- B10 Study units: KS3
- B11 Study units: KS4 and Post-16
- B12 Sample Curriculum Maps by Key Stage and Year Group