You can use this section to find out about the legal requirements for religious education in different types of school and academy. There are also facts about parents’ right to withdraw their children from RE, and checklists for subject leaders, governors and headteachers about the provision and quality of RE.
As well as information about the aims, rationale and vision for RE, and how much curriculum time to devote to the subject, here you can also find out how RE should contribute to the broader aims of education (such as spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and British values) and how to ensure that RE is a subject for ALL pupils.
- A02a RE Checklist for Governors & Headteachers
- A02b RE Checklist for Managing the Right of Withdrawal
- A02c RE Checklist for Managers, Planners, Teachers and Supporters
- A02d RE Checklist for Monitoring & Evaluating Provision
- A02e RE Checklist for Planning Post-14 Provision