CHECKLIST FOR PLANNING RE POST 14
Do the students have opportunities to:
- reflect on, express and justify their own opinions and beliefs about religion and religious, philosophical, moral and spiritual questions?
- develop their own values and attitudes so that they can recognise their rights and responsibilities in light of their learning about religion and belief?
- relate their learning to the wider world, gaining a sense of personal autonomy in preparation for adult life?
- develop skills that are useful in a wide range of careers and in adult life generally, especially skills of critical enquiry, creative problem-solving, and communication in a variety of media?
- have their achievements in RE recognised by an approved qualification?
If the student is to study RE wholly or partly in a further education college:
- has appropriate provision been made?
- is it coherent and of good quality?
If a parent/carer or post 16 student has exercised their right of withdrawal:
- Has this been taken into account in RE planning?